Skip to main content

Merciful Savior

Look what Christ has done. Being able to recognize and acknowledge the goodness of God in Christ Jesus, while knowing full well that you don't deserve it based on your track record. This is what Paul describes in his epistle to Timothy.

"The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost." — 1 Timothy 1:15

Paul was a violent and aggressive opponent against believers at one point. He mistreated them, put them in prison all because of their faith. And yet despite all that, he received mercy and grace from Jesus. In this passage, Paul recognizes that and praises God for it. He also goes on to say that Christ's actions towards him is a perfect example of long suffering, particularly to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.

We need to see that we are all sinners and to fully accept that Jesus came into the world to save us. While I have not persecuted or imprisoned believers, I can admit that I get angry when people don't meet my expectations. I am impatient. I make fun of people. I am not kind at times. Despite that, He still gets to demonstrate his perfect patience towards me so that every believer will see and believe in him for eternal life.

This is the praise we ought to give our God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Welcome to SixTwelve! This is an opportunity for us to share our thoughts and comments to build an online community. I pray that you will share... Happy Blogging!